[meteorite-list] Prices for SouthWest Dry Lake Finds???

From: Raremeteorites <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2014 16:25:28 -0700

Hi Jim and All,

Unless they predate 1972, meteorites found on public land cannot be used for
commercial purposes according to the BLM interpretations rendering them
without commercial value. This is even before the new "laws" limited
meteorite recoveries to 10 pounds a year or less without a commercial
permit. The interesting thing is not a single commercial permit has ever
been issued despite being applied for.

Sorry for the bad news,

That is why it so important to treat private land owners with the utmost
respect in order to gain access to unrestricted search areas.

Adam