[meteorite-list] AD: Fantastic Translucent Olivine-Diogenite - MUST SEE

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Apr 2014 22:47:59 -0400

Hi Bob, Ruben, and List,

These slices are wicked nice. Hats off to Marlin on the fine cutting
and kudos to you guys for trying something like that. Years ago, I
thin-sliced some olivine xenoliths (terrestrial) and the resulting
slices were beautiful and translucent. However, they were fragile to
work with and I broke more than one of them. I would think that any
meteorite that is almost entirely olivine could yield similar results
with a skilled hand running the saw.

That is some sexy diogenite. Well done.

Best regards,

MikeG