[meteorite-list] Glorieta Hunt - "Diggers" episode Tonight NGC

From: tracy latimer <daistiho_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 18:02:54 +0000

I think the worst part of the entire sorry story is that the people doing the treasure hunting are disrespectful and careless.? They are clandestinely digging holes on historic sites, then leaving them out in the open for anyone to see, as if to rub people's noses in the fact that they were there.? None of the people I know would (hopefully) leave this type of mess, or for that matter, go pot hunting at Mesa Verde or take a metal detector to the fields of Gettysburg to look for Minie balls.? Sadly, the science of archaeology and the desire for wealth has always attracted some asshats through the centuries.

Best!
Tracy Latimer