[meteorite-list] Q about Impact Glass from Crooked Creek

From: b1dunovant at aol.com <b1dunovant_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 16:39:20 -0400 (EDT)

Listees,

Sorry for the double post, but I had to let everyone know i have added
to my listings a very rare and I have no doubt a scientifically
important specimen. it is a endcut of impact glass from Crooked Creek
that has metal inclusions in it. As if the impact glass isn't rare
enough, the metal is apparent in the cut face as well as included on
the exterior as an oxidized roundish ball.

I am no trying to push the sale, rather I would like those who
disregard ADs on the list to have an opportunity to not only see the
specimen, but to discuss it if possible. In my gatherings i also found
a 4-5lb. specimen which has a quench texture on the bottom that
transitions into a gray/'blue/black glass which has inclusions of the
quench.

Has anyone encountered this material in the field or has anybody seen
this at other localities?

Here is the link to 1/2 of the impact glass specimens I found. This is
quite small in comparison to the other, however the larger specimen
does not have included metal.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/84g-Endcut-of-Crooked-Creek-Impactite-Extremely-Rare-Impact-Glass-with-metal-/221292197160?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33860af528

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Pictures of the large specimen (not for sale) upon request.

Thank you and all the best,

Brandon D.