[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk - slickensides or shock planes?

From: Graham Ensor <graham.ensor_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 19:19:50 +0100

I'm not so sure this picture shows slickensides...if you look closely
at the picture there are veins of melt running from the black
area....I think it is just a break through one of the large melt
pockets that are evident in Chelyabinsk.....it does have the look of a
slickenside but they are just paper thin black melt sheets scored in
one direction and would not have thicker melt veins coming from them.

Graham