[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk - slickensides or shock planes?

From: Jim Wooddell <jim.wooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 10:19:43 -0700

Hi Jim Baxter,
And, that is what I am not seeing. I'am going to be a very hard sell on
the term slickensides until I see something that scientifically supports
it and why it is there. Do the threads actually appear and are they
threads??
In my mind, the coming apart part would not create a slickenside (cool
state) where as the coming together with great pressure and time would.
Just thinking out loud, not qualified to say one way or the other!
I also see where this appearance is shown lower in topography in it's
area which, to me, would be odd for slickenside.

Cheers!

Jim Wooddell