[meteorite-list] Find coordinates for recent falls

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 May 2013 11:57:34 -0700

Rob, Exactly. During the hunting frenzy, it's normal to not share
data. Back to the norm...yes. Sharing, for example, may occur
between hunters in the field but not the general public. I would not
have an issue sharing data in the field with most hunters I know. So,
for example if we were both hunting an area, I might call you over
and show it to you...in situ. Or at the end of a day we might meet up
and compare!
Still, a hunter may choose, for whatever reason, not share the find.
We'd never know it or might learn about it way down the road.

While I would like to actually see a strewn map of Stanfield or any
field, I understand is may never happen in whole or in part. So what
we may see is what I call bragging rights... Rob found a 400 grammer,
Jim found a 2 grammer, Bob found a 600 grammer, just for examples.

I for one, enjoy strewn field data as you have seen!

Jim

--
Jim Wooddell
jimwooddell at gmail.com