[meteorite-list] Novato update

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 20:27:45 -0700 (PDT)

This was taken from the Meteoritical Societies website. It relates to self-paired meteorites which will never have an official name, cannot be used in scientific papers or provide any meaningful long-term investment potential to collectors.

Unambiguous and reliable meteorite names
are indispensable to anyone with an interest in meteorites - citizens,
writers, scientists, and collectors alike.? Official names are also
required in order to publish studies of meteorites in certain journals
and meeting proceedings,among them MAPS, GCA, and Earth and Planetary
Science Letters, and the abstracts of the Lunar and Planetary Science
Conferences, the Goldschmidt Conferences, and the annual meetings of the Meteoritical Society.