[meteorite-list] Chelyabinsk at White House today

From: Michael Farmer <mike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 14:15:19 -0700

Congratulations to Dante Lauretta of UOfA Lunar and Planetary Laboratory and Osiris-Rex mission, who presented a piece of Chelyabinsk that I donated, to President Obama and Congress today while there to discuss the threat of asteroid impact.

Chelyabinsk was almost a "City Killer" as Richard Kowalski told me yesterday, had it come in a few second earlier and steeper angle, a million people in Chelyabinsk would likely be dead today.
Time to take meteorites serious.

Michael Farmer