[meteorite-list] Katol classification and Sahara 03500 + Sahara 03505

From: Michel FRANCO <mich-franco_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2013 10:58:21 +0100

Hello Bernd and James, and List.

I have decided last month to come back to meteorites, pure coincidence! I have spent my last 5 years in photovolta?cs. Photons and meteorites both fall from the sky, I do not feel having changed too much of activity!!

Back to James's question.

Sahara 03500 is still in my collection, one complete slice, the main mass and it should be examined in conjunction with " sister meteorite" Sahara 03505 which is pure sulfide iron of same composition as the 03500 sulfide iron clasts of Sahara 03500. And no relicts chondrules in Sahara 03500, so far.
( I have not said that these 2 meteorites are paired !!! but in my eyes these 2 meteorites come from same parent object, at least visually, they were found not far in the Sahara, and the only other iron sulfide are Antarctic meteorites.)

I did not find record of Katol fall in Met bull. ( Bernd help needed as usual !!!)

Some more about Sahara 03500 aka Tassa Mahchi,

http://www.caillou-noir.com/TassaMahchi.htm and please click on the Clermont university link on that page.

I will try to post better picts on that site when I open my meteorite storage at home.

Have a good week end.

Best regards.

Michel Franco