[meteorite-list] NWA 7325 - Mercurian or not?

From: Bob King <nightsky55_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 14:46:06 -0500

Hi Melinda,
Wouldn't the later crystallization time for the moon's rocks be due to
it having formed after the Earth had accreted? I thought the Earth had
already formed before it was struck by the Mars-sized impactor that
initiated the moon's creation. If the impact melted the rocks,
wouldn't the future-lunar isotopic clocks have be re-set?
Thank you.
Bob