[meteorite-list] Met Bulletin Update - Yucca DCA

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 17:16:33 -0700

Hi Bob and all!

Thanks for the kind words.

I suppose this is an appropriate time to share this;

http://i1192.photobucket.com/albums/aa325/desertsunburn/Franconia_zps0e1ff64e.jpg

which obsoletes any previous map or strewn field study in the
Franconia area and extends the previously published strewn field by an
additional 4 miles, corrects some mapping errors on previous maps.

The map represents over 1200 recoveries. The green are chondrites
and the blue are ungrouped irons....predominately H-Metal. The data
for the recoveries will be made available at a later date.

YUCCA 015 is still pending approval by the NomCom, so will be
interesting to see them approve this soon! It does have a nice data.
set Other samples are in various stages of classifications and will
be shared when that is complete.

While any strewnfield map is fluid, we know 1000's of addtional finds
in the last decade have not been recorded on this map and most lost to
science forever. I know of approximately 500 additional finds since
this map was first printed about 6 months or so ago.

The following folks all contributed their find data which made this
map possible;

Larry Atkins
Jerry Baird
Troy Ball