[meteorite-list] Met Bulletin Update - Yucca DCA

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 9 Mar 2013 17:32:35 -0800 (PST)

MikeG,
Thanks for the heads-up about this latest update.

Haven't seen anything mentioned, yet, so I'd like to give a tip-of-the-hat to a local meteorite-hunter, Jim Wooddell (and his wife Wendy), for getting 2 of his finds into the MetBull:
Yucca 016 and Yucca 017

Not only has Jim's finds extended a well-searched stewn-field, but he has been working hard at recording the recovery data for over 1000 Franconia Area finds. Although he won't take the credit, it's my opinion that his efforts greatly influenced the unification of the DCAs (Dense Collection Areas) in the Franconia Area. This has resulted in a new DCA: Yucca.

In any case, history was made today in Arizona.

And congrats to Jim Wooddell.

Bob V.