[meteorite-list] $8.5 million — arguably the most valuable meteorite collection ever privately owned.

From: Shawn Alan <photophlow_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 13:22:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Listers
?
I came across an article about a meteorite collector and read that he has over 8.5 million dollars worth of meteorites, making it the most valuable meteorite collection ever privately owned, man I would love to get my eyes on that collection. But I got to think and I know there are some big time key plays in the meteorite world and I was wondering would come of the dealers collections trump the 8.5 million mark. I mean we have the NWA 5000 that was being sold for 6 million or more and if that hadn't been sold yet would put a large amount in the Hope collection. At any rate would be interesting to hear what peoples collection are worth or even which Institution or Museum have the most expensive meteorite collection minus Antarctica meteorites. Down below is an section taken from the article.
?Shawn Alan
IMCA 1633
ebay store
http://stores.ebay.com/imca1633ny?_rdc=1
http://meteoritefalls.com/
?
?
......."more than 700 meteorites, some of which I have seen in his office and house. Just to hear him talk about it and to feel some of these meteorites in your own hands is an unforgettable experience. The ForbesLife article says his collection is worth at least $8.5 million ? arguably the most valuable meteorite collection ever privately owned."
?
Source:http://www.bizjournals.com/seattle/blog/techflash/2013/06/naveen-jain-king-of-the-private.html?page=all