[meteorite-list] AD - New Meteorite Book !

From: Pelé Pierre-Marie <pierremariepele_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 16:21:29 +0100 (BST)

Since last year, Fabien, Marie and myself are dedicated to explore the strewn field of Beni M'hira in Tunisia. ?

Beni M'hira is the first meteorite fall of the 20st century.? Several stones were recovered in 2001 just after the event but since then, the area was lost and no more intensive research was conducted.

In 2012 and 2013, after many adventures, our group met the main witness of the fall (the main mass fell a few meters from him while he kept his herd).? By chance, we could find another part of the strewn field which had never been explored before. Over the weeks, in the heat of the tunisian desert, we found nearly 200 specimen.?

We are happy to present you the book of this adventure, foreword by Alain Carion. 70 pages and more than 80 color photos.? You'll get our trip reports, map of the strewnfield, all coordinates of these specimen, incredible photos and anecdotes, and much more.

You can order it through our website http://www.beni-mhira.com (on main page, choose the link Book). ?

We hope you'll enjoy our expedition report. The book is a perfect addition to a Beni M'hira specimen that you can also buy from the website http://www.beni-mhira.com

Pierre-Marie Pele, Fabien Kuntz, Marie Gerbet
Meteor-Center.com? and? WWMeteorites.com