[meteorite-list] Fw: Contracts Curry

From: Michael Bross <element33_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 02:33:47 +0200

Hi List

Thank you Adam for your posts and links
I love the one with your soulmate waving to the camera.

I am French, lived many years in NYC and the East.
Now with a "pied-a-terre" in Obernai, near Strasbourg in France.

In France, the speed radars are almost only placed to milk money, as you
sadly said
for Colorado. (not to get the real "road dogs")

Michael (Farmer), I also understand your point as this being of topic...
but is it so ? when we look at the lengthy interesting posts about BLM
rules,
the meteorite market etc... this goes in the same range of looking at our
world today

Like Adam rightfully said... the freedom of privacy has gone
and I am very sad to hear that about USA !

Anyway...
In France, you can be on a road late at night with nobody around for
miles and time... and being flashed by a radar because you are a couple
miles
over the "limit", between quotes, because being at 80 or 100 miles an hour
in SUCH circumstances... doesn't matter at all. (we are talking about being
on a multiple lane freeway/ Autobahn with barely any other car or truck
around)

In Germany, they have radars...BUT you have a margin of 05-10 kms in town
and 20-30 on Autobahn
btw, when I go to NYC, nobody is at the speed limit of 55 miles/hour
but more in the 65-70 range... the troopers onl sort out the ones really
off limits...

So, I agree with Adam with all the points he made.
Socially responsible... YES
But... please no not-human eye to estimate a situation as it should be...

Au revoir
Michael B.