[meteorite-list] OT: Flu shot before Tucson?

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 06:52:35 -0800 (PST)

It was smart to get a flu shot, Linton.? I finally felt good enough to venture out and attend the local gem and mineral show here yesterday. ? I haven't left my house since the 5th and still feel somewhat weak.

The flu must be widespread or people are just staying home due to the bad economy.? I have never seen this town so dead.? They have events here nearly every weekend to attract tourists and there are usually large crowds having fun. The weather finally improved and it got up to around 70 degrees.? The gem show was held in a giant pavilion and I must have only seen 20 people looking at several hundred vendors goods. These are some of the same vendors heading to Tucson next week.

I then went to the Taste of Laughlin food-fest and only saw a couple of hundred people there.? Usually there are lines everywhere but I did not have to wait at all. ? The live band stated something funny. They mentioned bones had been found on the Moon and then went onto say the cow didn't make it.

For the vendors' sake, I hope the attendance is good in Tucson,

Take Care,

Adam