[meteorite-list] OT: Flu shot before Tucson?

From: Paul Harris <paul_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 21:18:05 -0800

Dear List,

Since last week I've been in contact with suffering flu patients on a
daily basis. I've given a zillion flu shots, dispensed tons of Tamiflu
and have been compounding Tamiflu in suspension form for children. We
haven't been getting enough Tamiflu in to meet demand so please get the
flu shot while you still have the 2 weeks needed to develop the
antibodies needed to protect you from this years flu virus. It's a
pretty good match. The injectable vaccine contains attenuated flu virus
(dead) and you can NOT get the flu from it. A small percentage of
people can develop a mild fever and or aches and pains for a couple of
days but they are not getting the flu. It's just how their immune
system and body are reacting.

If you do get the flu have your Doctor prescribe Tamiflu as soon as
possible (within 48 hours) to help with the severity and duration.
Hopefully you'll be able to find a pharmacy that has it in stock. We
ran out just before I left today and I had to turn away a father with a
very sick child...

If there weren't so many people sick this email would have been sent 2
hours ago. It was total chaos today... Stay healthy!

Paul