[meteorite-list] OT: Flu shot before Tucson?

From: W&S Schroer <schroer_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 Jan 2013 14:59:08 +1030

Hi listoids,
I have a strange sort of asthma that normally doesn't bother me, but when I
get a cold, or even worse a flue, it becomes life threatening and I've had
several close calls. Wearing a good quality surgical face mask is compulsory
for me when I go out during the flue season, despite getting vaccinated
every
year.
I wear one when I'm in a plane flying overseas and often enough I'm not the
only. And we all
know that it is quite common for people in certain areas of Japan to wear
these masks.

What I'm trying to say is that nobody should feel foolish by walking around
in
Tuscon with a mask like that and that you guys who go or live there should
get one a.s.a.p. to
protect yourself AND your family from the nasty bug that is floating around
this year.

It might look a bit funny, but it's probably you who will have the last
laugh when you return home without getting infected.
But it is important to get a good one and not just a tissue with a rubber
band.

Cheers

Werner Schroer
Australia