[meteorite-list] SPACE EXPO - OFF TOPIC (TANGENTIALLY)

From: Darryl Pitt <darryl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2013 09:54:57 -0500

Hi

I want to thank everyone for their input. For those taking their first peek, I would like to know the coolest things you've experienced at an exploratorium/museum that pertain to space and space travel?or any other ideas you have pertaining to the same.

As it regards further details of the expo in which I'm involved....

There will be approximately 30,000 square feet devoted to this endeavor which will take place in the most modern exhibition venue in Tel Aviv. (There was a jazz festival which occurred in the same space last year and the production (sound & lights, staging, rigging, set design) was among the best I've experienced).

The exhibition will contain space memorabilia as well as detailed, full-size replicas of Mercury and Apollo capsules (the latter was used in the film Apolllo 13)?as well as the replica of the space shuttle cockpit used in all big budget films and advertisements. And there will be meteorites! (I mean, after they ramped me in, how could there not be ;-) as well as the Peekskill Meteorite Car.

There is a lot of room for possibilities for both group as well as individual exploratorium experiences. It is estimated that over the course of the summer 225,000 visitors will spend on-average approximately 2 1/2 hours at the exhibit, so there is not much that can be done in terms of small group "let's build this" efforts. To use Larry's phraseology, most of this exhibit is geared to wandering by.

Hoping this further clarifies the nature of this event. Keep those ideas rolling....Larry, please send me your number, I can't seem to find it.

All the best and thanks again / Darryl