[meteorite-list] terminology

From: Jim Wooddell <jimwooddell_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 12:32:41 -0700

With such a massive object, I sure hope we will see data come out on
the sonic boom (traveling wave) and then the burst. Sonic booms can
happen on any size object (pretty much) and the smaller the object,
the harder the boom to hear. So after the "main event", were the pops
something on the ground, small sonic booms, or bursts from smaller
objects...as you say releasing energy???

A lot of this information will be dependant on what kind of
environmental monitoring they do in Russia. I know energy from the
main burst was recorded in Antartica via infrasound.

Jim