[meteorite-list] FW: (meteorobs) [met-list] Moroc Long Duration Fireball with smoketrail 13FEB2013

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 11:01:36 -0800 (PST)

---------------- Original Message ----------------
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2013 17:55:55 +0000
From: Esko Lyytinen <esko.lyytinen at jippii.fi>
Subject: Re: (meteorobs) [meteorite-list] Moroc Long Duration Fireball
? ? with smoketrail 13FEB2013

We had here in Finland probably the best meteorite dropping fireball
that we have well captured in our cameras, in Feb, 16 , 2009 at 22 UT.
The geocentric radiant of this was 48, +28 , so this could be connected
to what you have now and maybe with what Dirk tells about.
The Vinf was derived as 13.5 km/s.

And actually we have during the years, around this time of the year, had
some other expected quite good meteorite droppers (at least one of these
outside our country borders) , with roughly similar solar system orbit.
It would be interesting to get the orbits derived for yours.

Keep all your cameras open, please ;)

Esko

On 2013-02-14 13:29, James Beauchamp wrote:

> Dirk , I've had three very slow events the last two days.? Radiant
> appears to be directly over head 38 degrees latitude, 8 PM central US
> time.
>
> Really slow, bright, with trails.

------------- End of Original Message --------------

In a nutshell, keep your allsky cameras fired-up!
These observations are as good of an early-warning system as we will get.

Can't say we weren't warned,
-- "CL"
(Chicken Little)