[meteorite-list] Jbilet Winselwan CM2

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 13:31:22 -0400

In the immortal words of John Cutter - Always bet on black. ;)

I know my Jbilet Winselwan is the real thing.

#1 - it is indeed very black. LOL.

#2 - I acquired it from one of the named mass-holders in the Met
Bulletin write-up.

BTW, I think I saw some Jbilet Winselwan for sale at Walmart today.
The name of the dealer was "Kingsford" .....

Best regards and happy huntings,

MikeG

--
Web - http://www.galactic-stone.com
Twitter - http://twitter.com/GalacticStone
On 8/26/13, Michael Farmer <mike at meteoriteguy.com> wrote:
> By the way, I asked a Moroccan Facebook dealer why they thought their
> meteorite was Jbilet Winselwan and the answer was "it's black".
>
> Gives a great feeling of confidence eh?
>
> Michael Farmer
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> On Aug 26, 2013, at 9:26 AM, Michael Farmer <mike at meteoriteguy.com> wrote:
>
>> I am tired of the Moroccans coming on here and selling unclassified
>> meteorites undercutting those of us who have put in our time and money to
>> get the scientific work done. I bought a large amount of this meteorite at
>> a high price, sent multiple samples to be classified, including to NASA
>> for organics work, and before I arrived back home from a trip I see both
>> other dealers and Moroccans dumping it at less than my cost. If you are
>> buying from people who did not submit specimens for classification, you
>> are possibly and probably getting scammed.
>> Am I the only one sick of being undercut by the same people in Morocco
>> that sell to me?
>> What is the purpose of helping these people get classifications just so
>> they can instantly stab you in the back and dump more material at prices
>> cheaper than they sold to you.
>> In matching their prices, I am now losing money. It is easy for the lazy
>> dealer to grab some material and piggyback other people's work to rapidly
>> sell out without putting their own money at risk. It has become a very
>> common game and we all lose for it.
>> Sick of the Moroccan/Nigerian scam model of take the money and run
>> laughing to the bank.
>>

>> Michael Farmer
>>

>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> Michael Farmer
>>
>> Sent from my iPad
>>
>> On Aug 21, 2013, at 5:58 PM, Greg Hup? <gmhupe at centurylink.net> wrote:
>>
>>> I agree, Being in direct contact when possible to provide the best
>>> possible 'accurate' information has always been one of my main
>>> considerations in my meteoritic presence, which has been a daily activity
>>> for the last 18 years or so!
>>>
>>> My most profound congratulations and respect go to Dr. Hasnaa Chennaoui
>>> et. al. for their consistent and accurate work when it come to NWA
>>> meteorites... BUT, please do not suggest a name takes away anything from
>>> all of the important meteorites that have been recovered out of North
>>> Africa... Most well known for their "NWA" moniker!
>>>
>>> Congats again to al involved in such a wonderful collaboration!!
>>>
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Greg

>>> Greg Hup?
>>> The Hup? Collection
>>> gmhupe at centurylink.net
>>> www.NaturesVault.net (Online Catalog & Reference Site)
>>> www.LunarRock.com (Online Planetary Meteorite Site)
>>> NaturesVault (Facebook, Pinterest & eBay)
>>> http://www.facebook.com/NaturesVault