[meteorite-list] TV Show uses Real-Life Meteorite Events

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 10:17:44 -0700 (PDT)

Yep, I saw the episode and had to laugh. A mere 40 million dollars and the feds went after it. It looks like the producer has been watching too much cable television about meteoritic treasure hunts!? It won't be long before meteorites are confiscated even though found on private property at the rate we are all losing our rights here in the United States the last 5 years!

The 10 pound limit will be reduced to Zero pretty soon after the BLM watches stupid episodes like this on television.? I am glad the North American Indians got it.? My wife is a full half Cherokee.? Maybe this will work to our advantage in the future if we need to keep the feds off of our legally obtained specimens.??

Some may think I am overreacting but that's alright. I have already seen the new guilty before proven innocent attitude applied in Florida.? If you do not have paperwork, they will take your entire collection of artifacts and it is up to you to prove they were legally obtained.? Good luck with that!

Happy Hunting,

Adam