[meteorite-list] Novato update (All recent falls unapproved, not just Novato)

From: Greg Hupé <gmhupe_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 21:03:28 -0400

re: 'Navato'

To repeat a comment I made to a Facebook thread that parallels this one...

"It would seem to me that the more accurate "Type Sample" amount IS the
entire 29 grams ['donated' by Lisa Webber and Glenn Rivera]!! Obviously some
material is eaten up for analysis so the only hold up for official name is
for SETI to hand over what is left over of the 29 gram 'Type Sample' that
was [most generously] donated by Lisa Webber and Glenn Rivera. Kudos to Lisa
and Glenn!!!"

I personally see no need for other to chop up the few stones that were found
from this fall because of some 'confusion'!!! (I did not hunt Navato so I
have no personal fight here other than give credit to the 'owners' of the 29
gram original stone!!)

Best Regards,
Greg

====================
Greg Hup?
The Hup? Collection
gmhupe at centurylink.net
www.NaturesVault.net (Online Catalog & Reference Site)
www.LunarRock.com (Online Planetary Meteorite Site)
NaturesVault (Facebook, Pinterest & eBay)
http://www.facebook.com/NaturesVault
http://pinterest.com/NaturesVault
IMCA 3163