[meteorite-list] Novato update

From: Brien Cook <contact_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2013 12:19:43 -0700

First off, I'd like to say how pleased I am to see Matija Bericic, the original purchaser, put the meteorite back on the market. He had been in touch with me within days and actively pursued getting a piece for research purposes. At the time no one had any idea how many, or little, would be recovered so it was a bit of a gamble.

As far donating a piece for classification, Peter called me within an hour of posting pictures of my slice. He was clearly concerned he may have discarded the Webber meteorite prematurely. During our conversation we talked about classification and he told me he would retrieve the Webber meteorite be taking care of that. And that's where we left it. I never followed up with him or Alan regarding this, I just assume it got done.

On a related note, there may have been another find a couple days ago. I'm not at liberty to disclose more details but I suspect the finder will step forth after it is verified.