[meteorite-list] New BLM Rules

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 07:38:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Jim And List Members

Meteorites have always been considered collectables and are therefore taxed at the highest capitol gains rate.

It has been known for some time that meteorites and rocks found on federal land are not to be used for commercial purposes. The new barter clause and weight limits are outrageous.?? I still see people selling meteorites on eBay from Franconia and other federal land. Gold Basin is another sticky meteorite so you better have your paperwork in order.? It concerns me that a BLM agent was making the rounds at the Denver show looking for U.S. meteorites and spouting off these new rules.? Unfortunately, Nevada, where I live is about 89% federal land. With Tucson coming up, my advise is to pull any inventory that could result in an arrest.?

I don't sell any meteorite I have found. I want to state for the record that nearly all of my U.S. offerings originated from T.C.U. and came from a reputable broker.

A white BLM truck was spotted at Franconia a few days ago so don't get caught with a main mass.

Best Regards,

Adam
?