[meteorite-list] Opportunity to share RSVP

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 17:06:32 -0700

Dear fellow list members,
        As most of you know there is always a speaker at the Tucson
Meteorite Auction who talks about some aspect of meteoritics - often
On a hunting location and the dos and don'ts of same or some other
interesting information.
        They talk in the anti-room of the auction hall from 6PM until
before the Twink Monrad Cake cutting at 7. It is casual and easy going.
        I know there are dozens of you out there that have much to offer
The community.
        Will you please contact me off list if you are willing to share any
aspect of Meteoritics you have some degree of experience or knowledge of
that you would be willing to share with others.
        How about someone to talk about ancient meteorite coins, or
Hammer falls, or meteorite preservation, any particular hunting site,
Etching, display ideas, etc, etc.
        Please share your enthusiasm and knowledge with others. It can
Be as casual as you like or you can have a power point presentation
Or do whatever you please - it can be mostly questions and answers or
A lecture format or combination ..... How about one of the METEORITE MEN
Telling stories and taking questions about their adventures of making
That very popular show?
        Any and all are welcome.
        As a tiny bonus I will give you the 3rd bid card (so you can check
out right away at the end of the auction).
        RSVP off list.
        Thanks - I will shortly announce who the speaker will be and what
The topic is - Michael