[meteorite-list] NWA 7319 Melt Breccia Specimens - AD

From: Mendy Ouzillou <ouzillou_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 08:57:28 -0700

Dear Metlist,
I've been on a tear lately buying melts of all kinds. Over the course of the last months, I bought a stunning 53g slice of NWA 2902 from Stefan Ralew, an amazing 234g slice of Chico from ET Meteorites, a beautiful 6.2g slice of Cat Mountain from Ruben, and 2 smaller slices (17g and 22g) of Blaine's ultra gnarly and also VERY rare, H4-melt NWA 7033.
I bought 2 large slices (67g and 111g) of Greg's NWA 7319. Yes, 2 slices because material of this quality, preparation and such a rare type will not come around very often. You can buy Novato for $200/g, which is pretty cool I will say, or make a purchase that will give you hours of enjoyment and let you imagination run free when trying to comprehend the forces that liquefied the stone and then forced pieces of the parent stone to move and flow around. Greg's pictures, as good as they are, do not do this material justice. (this is an unpaid endorsement and I am solely responsible for its content)

Best,

Mendy