[meteorite-list] Intergalactic False Alarm: Novato Meteorite is Just a Rock

From: Moni Waiblinger <moni2555_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 08:29:25 -0700

HI Michael and Muenchen!

Have a fantastic time and greet every one there from the good old USA!?

Yes, you can tell very easy from Bob's images that he just took yesterday evening.
And yes several people did see the images from Peter J. (cams.seti.org) and Brien Cook's images and
knew it was a meteorite.

According to Bob though it looks similar to a tar covered piece of slag.
He of course knew also from their images that they were meteorites!

Have a good German beer for all of us and sell lots of meteorites!
Enjoy, Moni

?