[meteorite-list] FWD: "The Art of Collecting Meteorites" - It's the bottom of the ninth (ad)

From: Art Jones <art.jones_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2012 18:54:00 +0000

Forwarded from Kevin K:

Team Meteorite:

Most members already own a copy of "The Art" and it has been gratifying to receive your compliments.
I am glad to announce that only about thirty copies remaining. But there is an issue as we round third on the way to Home.
I live Costa Rica, and when a copy is sold my mother in Florida takes them to the post office.
I called her yesterday to remind her of my upcoming semi-annual visit this week and she informed me that she needs to get a second hip transplant. Ouchie. She will not be walking or driving for an undetermined time.
She was a life saver to help me for the last years, but I guess with her about to go on the 'disabled list' her 'career' is over.
Because I will be back Thursday, for one week only I will personally fulfill book orders. This is about the last, best time to buy a hard copy if you haven't yet purchased this 232 page, all-color First Edition guide. There will be no second edition. If you can order by Saturday, December 1, I can guarantee getting it in the mail to you. Please don't wait!

www.theartofcollectingmeteorites.com

"THREE THUMBS WAY, WAY UP!"
Robert Haag, "The Meteorite Man"

"Kevin Kichinka has written an engaging book that needed writing. This book is a compendium of human activity touching upon scientific, artistic and commercial values in which meteorites are the vehicle through time."
O. Richard Norton
Author of Rocks from Space and The Cambridge Encyclopedia of Meteorites

"Funny, punning and poetic ... an engaging, often enthralling journey into the inner workings of meteorite collecting. Kichinka pulls no punches while stripping off the veneer of meteorite collecting to expose the good, the bad, and the ugly. The final story is the relentless search for Bolivia's first authenticated meteorite; a story that makes good adventure reading regardless of its meteoritical implications. This book is an enjoyable read, because it is about us."
Martin Horejsi
Meteorite magazine
May, 2005

". . . a must for every meteorite collector's bookshelf."
Astronomy
August, 2006

"Comprehensive to a fault, when the time comes for me to expand my collection, I'll pick up a copy of Kevin Kichinka's The Art of Collecting Meteorites."
Sky and Telescope
December, 2005

I have also just added a 'Signed by Author', First Edition copy of "The Art of Collecting Meteorites" to eBay.
Interested?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/221159202435?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1558.l2649

Kevin Kichinka
Rio del Oro, Santa Ana