[meteorite-list] meteorites and TAXES

From: Adam Hupe <raremeteorites_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 16:09:28 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Paul and List,

Good question.

The problem is that the new tax laws, hidden and partially due to the Affordable Health Care Act have not yet been fully decoded so nobody knows where they stand. My accountant can't even advise me of what to expect in 2013. ? The laws are so complicated that I can no longer calculate my own tax returns. ? I was appalled at all of the surprises on my last return which included sending out 1099s to friends that help you out if you pay them over $600.00.? I only thought this applied to businesses which was repealed.? You will be fined $100.00 for every one these 1099s you don't send out.? Pretty soon everybody will have to 1099 the newspaper boy, the kid that mows your lawn or a neighbor who sold you some personal belongings to make ends meet.?

The best advise is to talk to an accountant with superhuman skills that can decode the new hidden taxes that are not even referred to as taxes.

I think is time to change the subject and dream about somehow making it back out to the field before hypertension sets in.

Take Care,

Adam