[meteorite-list] NASA SETI Misappropriation of Tax Payer Funds

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 18:15:28 -0400

Hi Adam and List,

When I first started collecting and dealing meteorites, someone said
"If you want to make a million dollars selling meteorites, start with
two million dollars.". I don't recall who said it, but the point was
clear - you won't get rich selling meteorites. And they were
absolutely right. Sure, a few people are probably doing well by
selling meteorites and the poorest of us might look at those people
and consider them "rich" - but they are "baby rich" (the term that the
super-wealthy use to describe the lesser millionaires underneath them
on the ladder).

I swore off eBay a long time ago as a seller. The fees are ridiculous
and their buyer-centric policy enforcement is a major PITA. I saw the
writing on the wall when they stopped letting sellers leave negative
feedback for buyers. Frankly, I am quite surprised that some of you
other dealers still sell on eBay - but I am glad you do, because it is
indeed a buyer's market.

This is for Adam - you said you were already hassled for Gold Basin.
What does this mean? Can you share your experience here on the List,
or in private off-list? I have some Gold Basin in my inventory and if
I am going to be "hassled" over it, I rather just stop offering it
entirely. I don't make enough money from Gold Basin for it to be
worth the trouble.

Best regards,

MikeG

--