[meteorite-list] Ad : Juancheng Whole Stone, New Specimens, Meteorite Journals, Updated Meteorite Map, and more.

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 17:10:02 -0400

Hi Friends and Collectors,

I have a few updates to my inventory that some of you might be
interested in. First, I listed some more pieces of the new weird
mesosiderite NWA 6953. There are polished endcuts and uncut fragments
ranging in size from 1g to over 5g.

I also listed a large number of meteorite-related journals and
magazines, including the Journal of Meteoritics from 1974, several
recent MAPS journals (2011 and 2012), a Meteorite Magazine (11/2011)
and three different Elements Journals (one of these focuses on
meteorite impact craters). Buy any 4 magazines or journals and get a
free issue of MAPS (your choice). Or, if someone really wants all of
these journals, contact me off-list and make an offer on the whole lot
of them.

Some of you may recall the meteorite maps that my soninlaw makes. His
most recent one is a map of the United States with over 100 falls,
finds and craters shown. After I announced these maps, some of you
contacted me with suggested meteorites to add to the map and to
correct a couple of typos. The final map has now been printed and it
includes several more locations from Canada and the US.

As always, you get 20% off all prices by using the coupon code
"metlist" at checkout.

Here are a few new offerings - macros, whole stones, and specimens
that are larger than what I usually deal with. The Juancheng stone is
especially nice. It is 100% crusted, has subtle regmaglypts, and a
nice shape to it. It is really too nice to slice up. So I am hoping
it finds a home with a collector who is reading this.

The Vaca Muerta specimen has a large round metal nodule in it that
makes up about 75% of the specimen, with just a little stony silicate
matrix on each side of the nodule. This piece gave me fits while
trying to cut it. My small trim-saw doesn't handle irons very well,
and this specimen was very difficult to cut. The pictures don't
really do it justice.

New Offerings (in no particular order) :

MAPS Journals, Elements Journals, Meteoritics Journals, etc -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/meteorite-library

Alamo Impact Crater (Nevada, 7g endcut) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/alamo-impact-breccia-ancient-nevada-impact-big-endcut-50g-1

Camel Donga (eucrite, fresh endcut 1.31g) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/camel-donga--vestan-eucrite-australia-find-endcut-131g

Juancheng (H5 hammer fall, whole stone 100% black crust, 17.5g) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/juancheng-chinese-hammer-cookpot-meteorite-1997-1

Gao Guenie (H5 hammer fall, endcut 5.09g) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/gao-guenie-509

Vaca Muerta (mesosiderite, endcut with nodule, 4.03g) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/vaca-muerta-mesosiderite-403

Full selection of NWA 6953 mesosiderites -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/search?page=1&s=&search=nwa+6953

Indochinite (Rare twisted teardrop oriented shape, flowlines,
claw-like, 28g) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/indochinite-tektite-curious-black-ancient-impact-glass

Yelland Dry Lake (Nevada, H4 find, micros) -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/yelland-dry-lake-nevada-desert-h4-meteorite-find-micromounts

Artwork Map - "Meteorites of the United States" -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/product/meteorites-of-the-united-states-artwork-map-large-prints-canvas-suitable-for-framing

New Sutter's Mill California Meteorite Fall Updates -
http://www.galactic-stone.com/pages/lotus

All new offerings - http://www.galactic-stone.com/products/brand-new

Thanks for looking and have a great weekend,

MikeG

Galactic Stone & Ironworks - MikeG

Web: http://www.galactic-stone.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/galacticstone