[meteorite-list] NEO LAST NIGHT

From: chris handler <cmhandler_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 08:18:46 +0930

Heavens Above lists no NEO's that are visible to the naked eye, except
Vesta, which occasionally becomes bright enough to be seen by a person
with good eyesight, from perfectly dark skies. As far as I understand,
there has never been a recorded NEO that has been easily visible to
the naked eye and had a procession across the sky which you could
visually perceive and there won't be until April 13th, 2029 when
Apophis makes it's closest pass. Even then, at a magnitude of 3.4, it
will be at the very limit of visibility from city skies.