[meteorite-list] Planet Mercury Even Weirder Than We Thought

From: cdtucson at cox.net <cdtucson_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 14:59:54 -0400

Paul,
Wow. This is exciting news. Once again, it sounds like a meteorite from Mercury would be either all silica (glass) or a combination of glass and sulfide depending on the depth of the impact that dislodged the material.
My question is this; should we be looking for silicate meteorites? Or taking a second look at past rejects because they were to glassy? Too much quartz even?

Best regards,
Carl
meteoritemax

--