[meteorite-list] meteowrongs on ebay

From: Michael Gilmer <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2012 11:05:02 -0400

Hi Werner and List,

I asked myself the same question. However, I do own a couple kilos of
these same specimens. Why? Because I was hoping the seller made a
mistake and some of the stones might actually be meteorites. I
windowed several of them and all of them are indeed wrongs. Now I
have a big box of meteorwrongs that look like desert-varnished,
weathered, unclassified chondrites. I've sold a few of them as
meteorwrongs, but I wouldn't pay to have a crate of them freighted to
me from overseas.

My guess is, he bought a big load of meteorites and this is the
flotsam that was mixed in, and now he is trying to get back some of
his investment by offering them as wrongs....?

Best regards,

MikeG

PS - some of them are very convincing at first-glance.

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - MikeG
Web: http://www.galactic-stone.com