[meteorite-list] Discovery Channel looking for eyewitnesses of Sutter's Mill Fall for TV science feature

From: Ruben Garcia <mrmeteorite_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2012 14:41:59 -0700

Hi all,

They (The Discovery Channel) contacted me weeks ago and asked if I'd
take part in the "New Series" after seeing a Fox 40 news cast of a
local hunter named Rick Nelson approach me on LIVE TV with a Sutter's
Mill specimen.

As it turns out Rick (and his team sold me many specimens, of which
lots ended up going to Universities) and so they'll be part of the
episode as will Peter Jenniskens from NASA.

Sounds like they need a few eyewitnesses to round out the meteorite
circle of life.

The producers seem very interested in what Universities I helped
secure Sutter's Mill specimens for as well as what is being learned
for them.

BTW - I'm pretty sure Rick's local team of hunters have been the most
prolific of all hunting teams in Coloma.