[meteorite-list] Katol India meteorite - Forbidden Fruit

From: Richard Montgomery <rickmont_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jul 2012 20:31:20 -0700

As not an IMCA member, I watch this discussion with a focused ear. Optimism
for any outcome is a good direction to aim.

Relatively new to this forum (just a few years on the List...although maybe
it's way more, I'm aging) I find it both interesting, sometimes painful and
sometimes comical to watch the drama. Normally I delete-delete-delete the
banter, unless it is a discussion that warrants merrit. I never delete the
science....

This one ranks along the "painful" lines, because it seems to me that
disputes of legit authenticity, pedigree authenticity questions, legality of
import, etc on-and-on can be best resolved privately until and unless there
is a threat to all of us.

Of course, the last caviat may be important, but lets hope not.

-Richard Montgomery