[meteorite-list] Arsenic Bacteria

From: info at moonmarsrocks.com <info_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 11:06:44 -0700

Hoax may have been a strong word, Phil, because it implies motive, but
you are right-on to flag it nonetheless. Sloppy and overzealous would be
the words that come to my mind. As a scientist, I was trained to be
neither. Clearly, they made a mistake, or overlooked something. That's
why you seek out collaboration. Of course they knew it would cause a
stir when they published it. They wanted to be the first to show such.
Egos. Unfortunately, it was very premature for them to jump out and make
a claim with such dramatic and sweeping implications without first
waiting for independent confirmation. The good news is, in the end the
subject was clarified by subsequent research.

This is why the recent Higgs Boson announcement was the result of two
completely independent teams coming to the same conclusion after very
extensive research. By the way, the media has in my mind been only
somewhat successful in explaning for lay people what the HB particle
discovery is and means. Here's my most simplified version of it for the
non-theoretical physical scientists (mostly everybody): the Higgs Boson
particle is what correlates energy to matter, it makes the = in the
E=MC*2 equation possible....

Best,
Daniel

Daniel Noyes