[meteorite-list] New Strewnfield and Yet Another Cold Find by ToddParker!

From: T Parker <neshuee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:42:26 -0700

Good Evening List, I think Larry has gotten a little too excited and got
some facts a little sideways so i figured i fix them up right. ( Provenance
Is Very Important ) First the dates : I made my 7th Cold Find on January
23rd. and after being invited to the location to help hunt, Larry found his
piece 2 days later on Jan 25th. Im not sure were Larry got the impression
"we assumed it was probably a lone stone" from. If I was to ever assume a
stone i found was a lone stone after one day of hunting, I would never have
much of a chance of finding a Strewnfield... Larry stated " Two days later I
was on new ground more than 3 miles from Todd's find " . I doubt there have
been too many Strewnfields that are shorter than 3 miles in length, so i
myself would not call that "new ground" being so close to my find, but
o.k... Larry stated " After looking at it with a loupe I realized his looked
identical ". Actually it was I that made the comment that they looked
indentical after inspecting the cut stones and suggested that I was sure
that there was a Strewnfield out there with more Meteorites due to the
shapes of the two stones... Larry stated " Todd was busy and not able to
hunt much " Yes, with a Family and work i was not out every single day
hunting, but with over 70 hours of hunting in the last month, id say there
is some serious time in the field... Larry stated " Confirmation of a
strewnfield came on Feb 21 when i recovered a 181.4 gram oriented stone "
Well, as i stated earlier, i pretty much confirmed i had discovered a
Strewnfield already after i assumed mine and Larry's finds were indentical
after the cut and a decent visual. Just thought I would clear up the facts.
And Congratulations to Larry on his Wonderful finds out there. I have
appreciated his help out there and he has been hard at it..........Todd
Parker