(unknown charset) [meteorite-list] New Fall in China further information

From: (unknown charset) 博方 李 <bryanlilee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 22:13:44 +0800 (CST)

Hi Jim and lists,
I am sure that Jim's source must got the information from the media, and here is the original link for the news the source provided to Jim:

http://tech.sina.com.cn/d/2012-02-22/14026755191.shtml

Unfortunately the linked original news was in Chinese. If anyone here could translate the news especially the last 3 paragraphs to Jim, I will be appriciated, cause I don't have the time to do that at the moment.

If Jim had seen the information and pictures I provided yesterday, I think Jim will change his mind regarding the news. The so called "expert" is that who claimed to have found the "translucent crystal things" in the mitrix of a meteorite fragment. Acturally, the tanslucent crystal things are qurtz and sand embeded in the concrete fragment,which were broken from the concrete road in Yehong village. And this big funny joke is just included in the above linked news,the third downcounted paragraph.

I was in the falling area for two times and collected the information from over 50 witnesses who lived in the different 4 villages. All of the witnesses in the falling area have not seen the big fireball, instead they all heard the big resonating noises. However, there is some people who realy had seen the fireball explosion while hiking in the neighboring county, which is North East about 40 Kg from the falling area. Those Hiking people reported the event to Qinghai news media,and had been published.

The so called expert Zhang Baolin confused the concept of "fragment" and "individual". What I had seen is until now there is only 1 individual had been collected,which is 12.5kg. I cannot say there is only one individual exist,but hundreds of individuals are not true!

Best wishes!
Wu Yonghui
IMCA1371
Email:wyh619 at 163.com

According to my source, this news missed most news sources. 100's of
witnesses at lunch time saw this huge fireball and experts estimate hundreds
of stones still on the ground, in the snow estimated from 5g to 20kg. Many
specimens recovered in a 6km x 3km zone. I believe the largest recovered
specimen is about 12.5kg
I suspect we should be seeing some of this in the near future!

Cheers!

Jim

Jim Wooddell
http://k7wfr.us