(unknown charset) [meteorite-list] New Fall in China

From: (unknown charset) 博方 李 <bryanlilee_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:21:10 +0800 (CST)

Dear members,
I am very appriciate that Martin put so many links regarding the new fall in Huangzhong, Qinghai province, China. I was in the falling area from 16th, to 18th Feb,and had collected the informaitons together with the pictures.
I noticed there must be some mistake in the media reporting. Such as "hundreds of meteorites were falling", that is not true! There are only 4 pieces were recovered until now, and except the biggest one, which is 12.5kg landing on a mountain top of Xiaosigou village, the other 3 pieces were all bronken while landing. what I have seen is there are hundreds of fragments, not individuals! And also the expert from Beijing Planetarium said he had found "crystal things" in the mitrix is also a big funny joke! There is one piece landed on the concrete road of Yehong village,and made a shallow crater (please see the photoes in the following link), and what the expert collected is a broken piece from the concrete road, and the crystal things he said should be the sand and quartz in the concrete. I have purchased several hundred grams of fragments,and also found there is some concrete pieces included, because their colors are very close and villagers cannot
 distinguish concrete pieces from meteorite fragments.
Here is the link of my photoes, copyright is reserved,please do not use them without my permittion. http://www.flickr.com/photos/49390711 at N03/?saved=1 If anyone who has the interests on any kind of information regarding this fall, please feel free to contact me.
Best wishes!
Wu Yonghui
IMCA1371
Email: wyh619 at 163.com