[meteorite-list] AD: Arnold's Famous Reverese Auction on Ebay Now

From: meteorhntr at aol.com <meteorhntr_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 07:22:44 +0000

Hello List,

Announcing: The return of the Arnold Famous Reverse Auction on Ebay.

Currently I have 57 meteorites worth about $25,000 up, and I am going
to start lowering the prices very soon.

For those of you who don't remember the good ol' days when I would do
reverse auction's by email, it is pretty simple. Instead of starting
the prices low where they go up, like at a normal auction, I start them
high and they go low. The auction ends when someone likes the specimen
at a low enough price and they buy it. If no one likes it at the
current price, then it is lowered a bit, and this repeats until it is
sold.

Also, the lot can end when I decide to pull the meteorite from the
auction because I think it is getting too cheap. Some of these pieces
are great candidates to be cut down into smaller pieces, so there is a
double incentive for me to pull a specimen if I think I can cut it up
and get more for it in smaller pieces.

So, check out the auction. If there is something there you like, but
it is too big, send me a note and let me know what size you would want
at what price, and that might give me an incentive to pull it early
before someone else buys it so I can cut it down.

The link to ALL my auctions are here:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/stevearnoldmeteorites/m.html?item=260962473576&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&_trksid=p4340.l2562

The items in the Reverse Auction all have "Reverse Auction" in their
title. Or you can just use this link:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/stevearnoldmeteorites/m.html?_nkw=reverse&_sacat=0&_odkw=&_osacat=0&_trksid=p3911.c0.m270.l1313

These are fun, even if you are not bidding, as people want to see how
low they can go.

Steve Arnold
Host of Science Channel's TV Series Meteorite Men
       www.ScienceChannel.com
President Palladot Inc, Extra-terrestrial Gemstones
       www.Palladot.com
Co-Founder Meteorite Cards, hot new collectible trading cards
       www.MeteoriteCards.com
Facebook: MeteoriteMan
Facebook: SteveArnoldMeteorite
Facebook: Meteorite Men