[meteorite-list] Tissint and IOM on KNME-PBS

From: Galactic Stone & Ironworks <meteoritemike_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2012 11:18:55 -0500

Hi Carl and List,

This is probably a stupid question, but I'm curious, so I have to ask.

I know nothing about how meetings like the Lunar and Planetary Science
Conference work. But I assume it is an invitation-only event for
scientists. If a curious layman wanted attend such a meeting, would
that be possible? Has a layman ever sat in on such a meeting and just
quietly soaked up the presentations and lectures?

Or, alternately, has a meeting like this ever been broadcast via
streaming video on the web, or taped for viewing later by others who
could not attend in person? I realize it would be a lot of video to
watch, but I think it would be very interesting to watch something
like this - even if I didn't fully understand much of what was being
said.

Best regards,

MikeG

--
Galactic Stone & Ironworks - Meteorites & Amber
Website - http://www.galactic-stone.com