[meteorite-list] Fw: PVC death trap

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2012 20:51:56 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Hi List and nature lovers in general,

Mining provides Nevada with the second largest contribution to our State's economy in terms of jobs and money. The finding of ore bodies and the staking and recording of those claims is a necessity. The use of white Schedule 40 PVC pipes evolved from first using Prince Albert tobacco tins to be the most efficient and economical way of marking a claim.

Everybody I know likes birds. They look at them. They take pictures of them. They paint them, they count them, keep them as pets... and they even hunt and eat them. They are a necessity of life certainly.

So, do we have to pass a state mining regulation requiring placing a $1.49 pvc cap on the pipe with a couple of taps of a hammer, or a swab of pvc glue and save the little birdies? Or is it better to marshal a small army of PETA types to spread out into the desert knocking over snd deatroying other peoples property markers?

Jesus must weep with the stupidity.

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536