[meteorite-list] Ebay heads up - Tissint/Scarborough

From: Count Deiro <countdeiro_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 07:47:58 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

List,

Like I posted before. I am sick of this self appointed judge and jury BS. I, and Dr. Ted Bunch, were victims of this type of witch hunt last year and when all allegations of misconduct were thoroughly proven to be false....no apology from anyone was forthcoming.

Scarborough, as I posted before, has dozens of experienced collectors and dealers worldwide, many far more knowledgeable than our self appointed inquisitioner, bidding and buying his offerings apparently without complaint... including the rock in question. He has a 100% feedback rating and offers a full money back guarantee. I don't know the validity of the charges made against this dealer in the past, but if they are as bogus as the ones that slandered me, I don't believe they belong on this site in the manner they are being presented...which is guilty before proven innocent, and they don't belong on this List.

Now, I have done the obvious and contacted Scarborough, whom I have never met, and informed him of these allegations and asked if he would be interested in contesting them by providing provenance of the piece in question. If, he responds, I will share what he represents to all. Which is what should have ben done before these actionable slanders continue.

I will make an admission here in an attempt to prove my point. I once was sued for slander per se and successfully defended my simple remark. It cost me thousands to defend myself and in the end I found that my, I thought innocent remark, had come within one vote of an eight person jury of finding me guilty. I learned then to keep my mouth shut unless willing to back it up with incontrovertible evidence and a deep pocket book.

Finally, If members continue to make allegations and take the risk of suit against us all, that's right...ask your attorney about IMCA's liability in promoting slanderous statements, at least when allegations are proven bogus and/or driven by personal vindictiveness, see that an abject apology is issued. I'm still waiting for mine.

Regards,

Count Deiro
IMCA 3536