[meteorite-list] 2nd Report from Strewnfield in Edgewood Texas

From: MexicoDoug <mexicodoug_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 01:11:48 -0500 (EST)

"same dynamic in play with other falls"

Hi Greg,

To be fair, I was supporting Brian's observation that respect for
everyone involved is the safest key to the land;

Glad I'm not the only one who is tired of this dynamic. Actually when
people keep quiet about things there is no complaint, its the
grandstanding and blowing some risks out of proportion that is tiresome
to see ...

I'm sure there are many reasons instead of the obvious one you noted.
But really the overriding one probably isn't to scare others away but
rather a need to drum up bragging rights and to make all journeys of
exaggerated, or epic proportions against the odds of mere mortals to do
- much like the tales of Captain Stormalong's Yankee Clipper, the
Tuscarora that beat a Florida hurricane and then sailed on it to the
Moon. To be Indiana Jones in the flesh ;-)

Kindest wishes
Mexyiana Doug