[meteorite-list] AMS Witness Reports & Map for 2/1/2012 TexasFireball

From: Matson, Robert D. <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 13:21:55 -0800

Hi Yinan/Bob/List,

Great video! My guess is that the police car was pointed to the NNE
(one of the common directions that roads face in that area near
Temple, TX), and thus the bolide flight direction is in agreement
with the all-sky camera videos from Oklahoma City and eastern New
Mexico. The terminus would therefore have to be northeast of Temple,
TX, and also south-southeast of Oklahoma City. I have a promising
radar target picked up by three separate radars that is in a location
that agrees well with all three videos. I've passed the data onto
Marc Fries to see whether he likes the returns or not (he has more
experience with the morphology of radar returns than I), but it's
the only interesting target I've found at the right time in the
right general location. --Rob