[meteorite-list] Suspicious (ok, flat out fraud) Allende on eBay

From: Mendy Ouzillou <ouzillou_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2012 08:56:24 -0800

Last update - response from Kidcentavo:
"Mr. I am NOT an EXPERT on meteorites, AND the ONLY thing I have to go by is
the label that came with the rock. The owner of the shop, who sold it to me
has been in the mineral business since 1963, AND has a very GOOD reputation,
dealing with all minerals, and fossils. IF he says its an ALLEDE from
Chihuahua, then I HAVE to believe him that it is. I am NOT going to nick a
piece off of it run down to the university and PAY for an analysis to get
the exact chemical composition of the stone. Most of the other listings are
slices,of allende, EXCEPT one, that I see listed. If you think it's from
Africa, that's your opinion. Kidcentavo"

At this point, nothing more to be done that will have any effect, so all I
can say is, "caveat emptor."

Mendy